Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chinese New Year!

I spent three consecutive days eating like pigs (I should be grateful to Him because I was able to boost my stomach capacity to the fullest). Due to the Chinese New Year celebration, I can taste wholesome (and so-called nutritious) Asian cuisine in every dinner and lunch! I am not more than a pauper here; just keep eating noodles and bread, and noodles and bread everyday, since the hot meal here is super expensive!

Shall I start my gastronomic tours?

Part 1

Our cookings! Yummy XD!

Had a Singapore dinner in Terri and Sam’s house (they are full year exchange students to Copenhagen University from faculty of Law NUS). We cooked Chicken curry, steamed Salmon and laksa rice (oh I start salivating, pity!).

Their home is super cozy, a typical Danish small home. Well, the Danes are used to light candles in every part of the rooms, and put artistic paintings regardless of what room it is. I love the interior along with the furnishings, as it is so classy and antique, and am thinking of organizing my future house as homely as theirs.

Part 2

Messy table with various Asian Cuisine

Had a Chinese New Year dinner in my dorm-sweet-dorm, Emdrupborgkollegiet. All Chinese students join this party. I am not really sure how all the dishes called, since I just eat Chicken Herbal Soup, Tom Yam, Fried Rice, Seaweed Soup, Chicken baked cheese, along with various salads and dressings. And I’m adding sins by eating in 3 more rounds (O’God, please bestow Thou forgiveness). Yuck, I put salivas in my keyboards!

The party room has cool interior, I think. It reminds me of the small bar in uptown area.

Me and Grace, a very nice Hongkong girl. Do we look the same?

I get to know more and more Asians in Copenhagen^^.

Part 3

It has less Greek atmospere from outside, I guess

Had a buffet lunch in Samos, a Greek restaurant. It only costs me DKK39 *hitting my head repeatedly on the wall*. I have about 4 rounds meal, altogether with the finesse. I should indulge myself at least once a week in this so-called pauper friendly restaurant. Special thanks to Sam, who show us this place. Next time I will try the Turkish buffet lunch, since it has similar price. (Aw, my whole room is flooded by salivas)

Whew, seems like I eat in the romantic restaurant in soap operas XD

Afterwards, I have random encounters with grotesques Copenhagen buildings as usual. Did I mention that I am in love with the whole city architecture, as these are too-RPG-to-be-true?

A church just opposite Kobenhavns Universitetet

Random Building again =p, gaah I love Copenhagen

Library of Kobenhavns Universitetet, looks creepy but indeed cool!

Kobenhavns Universitetet

This is one of the buildings of Copenhagen University, located in the very central of the city with pleasant living environment. It is surrounded by cool specialty shops, relaxing second hand bookshops and comfy small restaurants.

Cemetery


Yeoktho, Me, Siangleng@Cemetery gate

I forced Siangleng Cs to accompany me to Copenhagen cemetery since I noticed HC Andersen and Niels Bohr’s tomb inside. Forgive me for taking pictures on both of your tombs, I incline to popularize you=p!

Mbah Niels Bohr's

This atmospheric memorial park makes my wildest imaginations running out. I don’t mind to sit here the whole day while writing or painting.

Om HC Andersen's

Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year everyone =). See you in the next post!

6 comments:

ryy_ said...

ooh, gitu bentuknya kuburan Niels Bohr, di ujungnya ada apaan?

Apret said...

diujungnya ada patung burung kakaktua. serius ini kaga boong, huhuhu. (kenapa burung kakaktua yah? kenapa ga replika atom gituh XD)

Anonymous said...

duh, kok gak bilang2 si kalo cewek hongkong yang lo ceritain selama ini cakep gitu, :S

quote : Me and Grace, a very nice Hongkong girl. Do we look the same?

he???? of course not :P

Anonymous said...

Niels Bohr orang Denmark juga toh ? Kupikir malah orang Norwegia atau Swedia. Di ujung nisannya ada replika burung kakatua ? Mungkin waktu nemukan atom dia lagi ngasih makan burung kakatuanya ya ? :)

Itu kuburan HC Andersen malah nggak ada apa-apa ya ? cuman tanaman doang.

Musim dingin enak ya jalan-jalan... :)

*merah euy*

Apret said...

@Hamid : bang, teori logika nih ya
si Grace mirip saya
si Grace cakep
maka saya juga cakep XD XD

Dia baek si ama saya, tapi sisanya, beuhhh, pengen nggaplok kalo mulai ngomong hongkong,buset dah kaga enak banget,masi lebih enak abang ngorok deh X(. ini kualat ama orang hongkong kali yah, kerjaannya bilang "dari Hongkong" terus T_T

@Fertob:
Hoho iye bang dia orang denmark. Jangan2 dia pencipta lagu burung kakaktua lagi yah *garing sia* hohoho.
Kuburan HC Andersen banyak gambar anak2, kyknya mereka sengaja tebarin disana. ada gambar bebek, gambar ikan duyung, etc etc.

Musim dingin asal ga salju si jalan, hihi. mang knapa kalo merah bang? pan chinese new year XD

Anonymous said...

wah klo liat fotomu ama cw hongkong itu..

orang sana pasti ngira

oo ternyata cewe hongkong lebih feminim dibanding cewe indo yah :P

cakep lagi