Tuesday, January 09, 2007

THE ZAP! Resurrection

Had a gathering with my old punk band in Junior High School era, and conquered the Music Studio nearby the old Junior High School building!

Playing music with them was really encouraging and wonderful, since all of them had pretty good skill with their instrument (and the trouble only lay on the vocalist *giggles*).

We were on the same frequency, as most of us fancied Japanese Songs. These were the list of songs that we played (Pardon the high level of subjectivity =P, this review was made by the 1st person point of view):

1) Live-YUI
I could imitate YUI’s articulation splendidly, and the song, frankly, suited my vocal the best, so no problem with this one. Everybody could adapt into the song pretty well even though they only listened to the song twice, all hail for The ZAP!

2) Fukai Mori-Do As Infinity
I think this is the moment where I was able to follow Van Tomiko’s singing the best. Previously, I often lowered down my vocal to suit her voice, but then I was mistaken. Oddy, the bassist had some trouble following the acoustics at the first time, but swiftly adapted to them.

3) Bendera-Cokelat
A local song, finally! Ghustavo asked us to play this song. The vocal character is female falsetto, and I am used to Hyde’s falsetto already.

4) Rumah Kita-Indonesian Voice
This song is hilarious once we played it. I often had a thought that a musician, or at least a person proficient with an instrument, are supposed to be used to the songs’ pitch, pace and articulation. In fact I was wrong *lol*, when the guys attempted to sing it, it sounded very peculiar!

I really have a good time with them! I am waiting for the next gathering ;).

The ZAP! are (these are pseudo-names) :
Apratz (Vocal) – Nanyang Technological University, Business
Ghustavo (Guitar) – Australia National University, Mechanical Engineering
Zappy (Guitar) – Sekolah Tinggi Administrasi Negara, Tax
Oddy (Bass) – Institut Teknologi Bandung, Geological Engineering
Udin (Drum) – Universitas Dr Moestopo, Medicine

2 comments:

ghustavo said...

wakakakaka...

just some corrections. Zappy is majoring in narional administration, I'm doing mechatronics and udin is studying at YARSI. LoL.

anyway, Keep on Rockin in the Free World. we'll be rocking again next time ;)

cheers
gus

Apret said...

aiyoh susah amat si,bagi gw mah smua sama aja lah, disitu2 juga skolahnye,entar de diganti,males

lah mechatronics bukannya sub dr mechanical engineering yah? gaya loe XD!!

merah ijo pedes, cabe deeeh!!

Let's rocking babe!!