Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Manga Artist Wannabe

Today, kind Schroddinger lent his own made manga titled ‘Sol Luna’ to me, which I read in frantic enthusiasm in library (and not doing FYP *sobbing*).

Well, I think he is a fantastic manga artist, since his 6 volume manga reminds me of Salad Days series back in my high school era. The characters experience a tremendously exciting character development within each series, and sometimes he illustrates a super funny comical expression of some characters. Overall, the characters are drawn pretty well =).

Though the story is rather straightforward, but it flows naturally until the end (which apparently will be a happy end, though some shocking revelations do appear before it).

And, this manga is very poetic! I love almost lyrics and lines that he wrote, as it is so sweet yet very natural. He didn’t use sophisticated words, but that makes the lines painless to comprehend.

I am very proud of having a manga-artist as my friend. Moreover, he encourages me to create a manga to overcome my acute stress when doing FYP.

You know, being a manga artist is my childhood dream job, even until now. I just can’t stop hoping that I am able to make a living from being a manga artist, even though I am a senseless in art.

This is the image I created some time ago, a girl’s love image *evil grin*. No worries, though I am crazy in love with boy’s love manga, I still feel disgusted of girl’s love manga. That’s why I feel this image is terrifying enough to make me sickened. Aaah, I want to produce my own manga as soon as possible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your site URL from fanny. She made this story using my cousin's name and yours. So, hello, I guess. And nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Umh who's that kind schroddinger? Wanna meet him too. Hehehe.. =p

Yeah, to have a dream is not forbidden. Hehehe Ayu Pratiwi, Bachelor of business, Manga-artist.. Yeah!! (.. Yeah.. eah.. e.. ah.. e.. a.. h) - echo effect -

Hehe I know you can be everything you want to be.. =) Also, I love your blog, your drawings, also the way you be a GL =p Very inspiring.. ^^ Hahaha hope that I can be the first reader of your manga!! (MUST BE =p) Hee can't wait for it!! Ok then. Nacht pratz. GBU

Sweets and Mellows,
S

Apret said...

@ nyt : thanks so much for visiting ^^.U read that too, didn't u? Hahaha.

Nice to meet u too^^

@ sem : haha HOPEFULLY!! thanks sooo much!! cant wait for ur "CHILDREN" also.^^

Btw pls teach me how to make our manga more livelier, since i really dun have any idea in producing it (im more into a disgusting-melancholy and moron-angsty girls manga).*lol*