Thursday, November 24, 2005

Japanese Rocks, Anyone?


Gravity is on the increase
As a time goes by
My body returns to the earth
There is sky up in the air
My body is in your sky and
Your life is in my cosmos
We never come close to each other
But here we exist as it is

(Kasou ~L’Arc-en-Ciel)

I am a big fan of any western music when I was in primary school. Watching MTV everyday was a must for me, in result, i was occupied with my in depth knowledge about all kind of western music at that particular point of time. It was a proud I can remember most lyrics of the popular songs. Thus it was inevitable that I have so many girl friends ~the most chic, stylish and hip one~, since we shared the same interest about any western stuffs.

Then something triggered me to come up to the turning point of all those stuffs. I just realized that most western music and stuff merely led us to conspicuous lifestyle and worthless way of life in most of their lyrics and PV (promotional videos). I often witness their very absurd PVs about sex, kiss and sex again. Otherwise they only talked about sickening violence, overflow erotic dancers, or excessive horrible chicks. I’ve been wondering since then, what was the ‘cool’ of all these? Then I stared at their lyrics, and found coherence similarity linking their lyrics and PVs. The lyrics mainly talked about love with the reckless and hasty words I’ve ever seen.

I turned out subsequently to watch anime series instead of MTV programs, and discovered the in-depth and poetic lyrics in both of the opening and ending songs. Most of the lyrics implied about harmonious relationship among people, attached by the strong feelings towards companions, altogether with the humble and vigorous passion to face the hard life. It blew up my mind at once. I was really impressed about those gorgeous aspects of Japanese songs, and thus explored it passionately. Additionally, the evocative PVs were again causing me to unconditionally love them! Mainly the PVs were aesthetically meaningful. Even until now, I’m still keeping myself stunning all over again to the beautifulness of J-songs.

I don’t say that all J-songs are flawless, while all western songs are tasteless (it’s all regarding to our own preference, of course =P). For an instance, I’m focusing myself to Japanese-Rocks. I just desperately love their music –not all music though, but mainly their style of music!-, and keep on dreaming that someday I will become one of them XP.

2 comments:

Ra! said...

cinta... gw link yaks.... boleh gak niy?
btw... pasang shoutbox dunks...

heh! wajib hukumnya lo kudu mampir ke DePok!

Apret said...

wahh bole-bole.. sile sile.
Pengennya si masang macem2, tapi ga ngerti HTML nya. Hiks hiks. Pernah udah berhasil masang, tapi nongolnya di paling bawahhhhh banget shoutbox nya T_T. Aku dah frustrasi ngurusin HTML nya...