Monday, April 09, 2007

Just come back from UK-Italy-Germany trip with severe sun-burnt, fatigue and injured spring. I will be going to Amsterdam tomorrow, so this is just a quick glimpse about previous trip.

London

St Paul's Cathedral

Still, St Paul's Cathedral

The evening London plus its double decker!

Les Miserables!

Catch 'Les Miserables' with Anes XD

Cool English-Pub

London was super awesome; I spent 5 days alone in London (minus Oxford, since I have no time left). I lurveee this city, as it is so vibrant, so multi-cultural, so fairy-tale yet so bloody. I kept reciting Beatles’ ‘Penny Lane’ when I was here, since I can catch the atmosphere. I managed to watch ‘Les Miserables’ musical show, which made me trembled and crying (my top 2 choices were ‘Phantom at the Opera’ and ‘Les Miserables’, but since I initially can spot the plot of Phantom, I turned out to ‘Les Miserables’). I had my hostel in Greenwich area, which amazed me since I was once in the center of the time in the entire world.

Sherlock Holmes statue in front of Baker Street station!

England's Public Telephone Box *lol*

The London Eye!

The UNESCO's world heritage : Tower of London

I am a great fan of Victorian Literature as well as England-Tudor bloody histories, so I was super excited about going to Baker Street and spotting Sherlock Holmes statue (in fact there’s nothing much there =p). The most interesting place of interest is the Tower of London, whereby all those murders and execution took place. A friend of mine told me that ‘the greater the empire is, the more bloody the histories are’, and I found that is utterly true. Now I realized that the thirst and sudden urge to attain power and the fanaticism of religion have been the main reasons to slay innocent people.

Whaa Cavalryy!!!

Inside the Cavalry Museum (my hand even didn't fit the gloves T_T)

Errrr, not suitable for the light hearted T_T

The bloody field where all the execution takes place

London Bridge! Just beside the Tower of London (the place where they hanged the head of those executed people as a shock theraphy for the citizen)

A parade in the tower of London estate

The white tower

The Tower of London’s main function is meant to be a fortress, a royal palace and prison, until the gore occurrences keep on happening after the ‘mysteries of princes in tower’, whereby the two sons of King Edward VII have never seen again in the tower after their uncle, Richard III of England sent the two young princes to the tower. The boys were indeed murdered, I am sure of it (as this story is too-RPG-too-be-true!). Certainly, Richard III was the murder, since he intended to remove the two princes from the succession, because he was the last person alive in this commotion (the last person being alive is the murder, as quoted in almost all detective stories *grin*).

Ways to the Bloody Tower

With one of the guard

There were also some explanations about London’s famous ‘Gunpowder Plot’, whereby Guy Fawkes, a Protestant fanatic attempted to assassinate James I of England. Reversely, the tragedy of Bloody Mary happened when Queen Mary I, a catholic, murdered a lot of Protestants until she herself was being executed by Elizabeth I. Lessons learnt are mostly, fanaticism of religion is the most dangerous thing, as once one claimed that one belief is true, one can kill and defend one’s faith under the flag of religion (which also made me pondering the current occurrences that were happening nowadays).

Robbie Williams!

What’s more? I had a lot of fun visiting Madame Tussaud the wax museum and taking pictures with famous figures *grin*. Surprisingly, I found that Christina Aguilera and Sarah Michelle Gellar are not taller than I am *lol*, and even Tom Cruise is not as tall as I imagined before.

The British Museum

Mummies!! *yikes =S*

National Gallery

I went to British Museum and National Gallery as well. I saw countless of famous paintings in National Gallery that I can only find in the book, such as famous ‘Madonna of The Rock’ and some others paintings with biblical references. They were so magnificent and wonderful, but too bad taking pictures were forbidden there. British Museum was the biggest and best museum that I’ve ever visited, as everything there starting from the traces of Mesopotamia and Greek to Egyptian's mummies are original and not replicas.

Gate of Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace

I ran to the Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of The Guards at 11am. Unfortunately there were too many people, and all that I can see was only heads T_T. It was super crowded until I cannot feel a thing. I better go to Oxford or Windsor Castle if I knew this earlier *sigh*.

Yeok Tho, Bell, Greg, Siang Leng, Apratz in front of Parlement Building in Westminster

Westminster Abbey!

Westminster area!

Spent a day in Westminster Area (the busiest district in London) and saw Westminster Abbey, the church where various tombs of famous historical figures of England buried. Unfortunately I didn’t go inside the church as the ticket is kinda expensive. Around Westminster Abbey, there were Parlement Building and the famous Big Ben. Actually I want to join the ‘Jack the Ripper Walk’ that was held within this area every night but nobody wants to join me *sobbing*. Jack the Ripper’s murders took place in Westminster Area.

Baker Street Underground Station (dedicated to Adilla)

Apratz, Yeok Tho and Siang Leng in front of Westminster Abbey

Apratz in front of Westminster Abbey

Big Ben!

I want to visit Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dickens and Shakespeare museums as well but again, I have no time left *sobbing*.

Last Scenery before leaving London

Honestly speaking, I was so sad when leaving London. This is the best city that met my very expectation, (even perhaps I overrated it). Everybody speaks good and proper English. I do hope that I can come back again here someday, or even work here later *daydreaming*. I want to stay here longer.

By the way, we had too much Subway and McDonalds here (even Greg wants to vomit when we mentioned Subway in front of him). Funny things are, we found the prices in London are CHEAPER than in Copenhagen! Now I realized that Copenhagen is an un-friendly city for cheapo travelers T_T.

Good bye London, next destination : Amsterdam (updates about Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Vatican City, Milan and Berlin will be written after returning from Amsterdam, hihi)

This is the best sceneries so far, Thames River and Big Ben at night T_T

12 comments:

ryy_ said...

BRITANNIA!
*nyanyi2 lagu britannia*

~like mountains and seas. . . ~

Adilla said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........Sherlock Holmes! Baker Street! Huhuhu....makasihhh....*histeris mode* :D :D. Ditunggu postingan selanjutnya. :D

Anonymous said...

bagusan padang pret =P

Anonymous said...

Bagus banget foto-fotonya, jadi ngiri pengen kesono....

Itu tiang gantungan ada sejarahnya gak ? Menyeramkan banget....

*lanjut titip matanya8 :-)

Anonymous said...

@jali .. bagusan lampung
(*dusta)

Reza de Bhro said...

Waa.... sherlock holmes. Kerennn....

Ada Robbie Williams juga....

Mampir ke Vatikan ndak? Penasaran ama yang namanya swiss pikemen, royal guardnya Vatikan, holy roman empire.

Omong2 masalah cavalry, kayake cavalry medieval yang paling hebat bukan british, tapi french. Nah kalo museum musketeer adakah disana?

Anonymous said...

anonim, jgn ngejunk donk

contoh ni:

bagusan padang tau? XP

sori2 ngejunk, ni yg bener ni:

ga ke wembley ya pret? new wembley, barusan direnovasi tu. ke liverpool ga ? ngeliat patungnya john lennon

Apret said...

@ Ryy : truth and hope in our fatherland~~~
And death to every foe~~~

HAIL ZERO and the order of black knights!! ^o^

@ Adilla : hohoho iyah, tapi ga sempet ke museumnya. Bayar si, huhu.Maklum super kere. Harap dimaklumin.

@ Rizal : Bagusan Jakarta jal, ada monas XD

@ Fertob : oh itu aseli bang. Malah ada lagi yg lebih mengerikan, entar sy post de siang2. Ga berani ngepost malem2 X(

@ Ano : Dibilangin bagusan Jakartaaaaaaaaa, grrroowll *injek2 gedung sambil nyemburin api*

@ Rizal : Liverpool ndeso tenan koq.Pengen ke Edinburgh, Scotland tapi temen2 ga mau T_T. Wembley dimana toh jal? Baru denger aku.

Anonymous said...

Huhu enak bener pret, sementara kami disini jumpalitan ga karuan blajar buat exam, elu enak jalan2...

Kok ga ke Barcelona ato Madrid? Pengen liat foto2 disana...

Apret said...

@ Fariz :

Tenang Riz, aku tanggal 14-16 Mei bakal exam, huhuhu.Mengerikan deh aww X(.Jangan didoain yg jelek2 yah X(.

Iya entar ke Barcelona dan Madrid koq, tgl 28 April-8 Mei (sementara tgl 14 nya Exam).Huaaa aku sakit jiwa riiz, nggilani X(

A.H. said...

Hua... Le Mis! Pengen nonton juga dong...

Apret said...

Nonton bang, bagus abis. Saya nangis bombay T_T