Sunday, November 05, 2006


You're enveloped in a glass labyrinth
Together with the mist in hollow eyes

Slipping through my fingers
I breathe a pure white sigh in the night sky
The snow flying down began to paint a spiral on my upturned forehead

(‘In Forest’ ~La’Cryma Christi)

Since the first time I overjoyed hearing this song, I turned out to be a silent ‘Simpatia’ (La’Cryma’s official fans club). La'cryma Christi's early tunes are very dreamlike and multilayered with a heavy influence of Eastern mysticism and mythology. One aspect I love the most is their super-catchy melodies and deceptively atmospheric harmonies. Perhaps La’Cryma isn’t the top charters as Laruku or Lunasea, but their music is wickedly grooved in constant.

But I’m no longer mesmerized ever since they will be disbanded soon after finishing their very last live performance. I can hear resounding cries of Simpatia all over Japan T_T.

It's okay to act as if I know everything for now, right?
If doing this will change me who is weak.
This tears we had always have same taste
Someday, I'll laugh at the past when I have lied to become strong

(‘Liar’ ~Janne Da Arc)

At the same time I also develop one-sided love with Janne Da Arc, another J-Rock band. Their music is simply hard and complicated (each personnel seems to be superbly proficient of their specialties). Janne’s tunes are quite upbeat (and that’s very me! No wonder I feel emotionally attached to them, especially when hearing ‘Feel the Wind’ or ‘Dolls’), and more importantly, Yasu’s voice has character (though most of J-Rock vocalists definitely must have falsetto =P).

No comments: