Thursday, September 28, 2006


"If you betray me, I will go and die" -Cain to Riff; from "Kafka"

I’m currently addicted to Victorian and Edwardian stuffs as I’m endlessly borrowing classical music CDs, ranged from Beethoven to Debussy, also aimlessly watching Gothic Cathedral multimedia in library. Moreover, I’m planning to devour all of Edwardian and Victorian scrapbooks available in the library, while also watching some notable old movies such as Dickens’ Oliver Twist, Bronte’s Jane Eyre, and Collin’s Basil during recess break. Enough to say, I’m bloody curious of the nobles and commoners’ customs and way of living in that specific era. Then call me Victorian addict =P.



Well, honestly speaking, Kaori Yuki’s “GodChild” has influenced me a lot, since it takes place in the late Victorian era! I’ve realized that Cain (the main character) doesn’t reflect the portrait of a Victorian noble that much (since his haircut is more into a gothic J-Rocker’s rather than a well breed noble’s *Kaori Yuki rocks!*). But still, after going through most of Count Cain’s series, I totally fall in love with the Victorians’ conservatism. And, did I mention about the mysteriousness of Victorians’ most notable phenomenon, such as Jack the Ripper, our respectable Mr. Sherlock Holmes and the ridiculous yet horrible kids’ Nursery Rhymes? They simply add in the grotesqueness of Victorian traits, and GodChild tells them all flawlessly. From now on, nothing compares to GodChild (since it converts me into Kaori Yuki and Victorians’ fanatic).

By the way, someone has told me that I have lost my sense when writing in Bahasa. She informs me right after she read my latest short story. Afterwards, she couldn’t feel my presence inside the whole plot and dialogue (the contrary happens when she reads my works long time ago). My goodness, it feels like I have heart attack on the spot =S. Could I give a soul in every sentence? Did I really lose my sense in creating dialogue? Could I add in my true feelings towards all the words inside? Well, it is a trade off, since I never write in Bahasa ever since I came to NTU T_T. That’s just so depressing. I need to be more persistent to write!

Note : Images are taken from "GodChild".

No comments: