Wednesday, July 25, 2007

High School Whimsical

Despite being persistent to hardly fancy my old high school, I visited it some weeks ago, just to celebrate the entrance of my 2 little cousins there as well as to see my sister =p.

The marching band is about to start ^o^

The Proud Marching Band Squad (But it seems that the bass-drums were bigger in my era O_o)

The Newborn First Grader, welcome to the club XD *devilish smile*

And, I AM still very proud of my old high school, regardless of what society skeptically thinks about that, though I really had to undergo severe dark-ages back then while waiting for the uncertain Aufklarung T_T. I just have to play my role there as an insignificant moving grass, a weakling that destinied to be despised by the superiors, et cetera, et cetera, as I am pathetically worse in academic, physical activity and disciplinary (and it can’t be helped).

The 3rd grader corps^o^

I admit that I have had enough with these things in the past: marching towards no end while facing the fierce sun, take the last row within the brigade (since I am categorized as the shortests), almost deaf because of the overwhelming marching sounds, and so on and so forth, but thank goodness now I feel proud once I saw my juniors do what we did in the past ^o^. I am glad that even though nowadays the tuition fee isn't fully paid by the government, the quality of holistic education here doesn't change that much (well, IMHO). Anyway, I am lucky that my batch is the last batch to enjoy the full schoolarship for 3-years education (though I don't think that I am the one worth of it T_T).

Me and my sister

My sister is one of them ^o^

Anyway, my sister cut my hair O_o and I felt like having baldy times since I kinda used to long hair *weeping*. I was playing my Final Fantasy XII and seeing Ashe’s elegant haircut and suddenly craving to have a cut like that too (and my sister bought herself a razor blade and experimented with my hair, as she claimed that she is a professional hairdresser in her dorm XD).

P.S.
I am still questioned the world for being so unfair during my high school era; how come my sister becomes a member of elite patrol squad while I am not, despite the fact that I am a lot prettier than her XD *envious mode*.

Indonesia, A Long Way To Go...

I had an insightful chat with my old teachers there, which makes me ponder about the future of the country, my beloved Indonesia. Being in Singapore for 2 ½ years (and Europe for 6 months if it is taken into account) had resulted me to abandon the passion to rebuilt, restore truly ‘Indonesia’, as was against my pledge and vow 3 years ago once I become the alumnus.

I realized that it is impossible to salvage the vital system of Indonesian government with our capacity as just students (since I do feel like it is rotten from the core). We need to be on the top of everything, in order to change it from the root. (It sounds super naïve and disgustingly idealistic, but this is precisely true). As a scholar, do it in a scholar way to rebuilt Indonesia, as a researcher, do it in a scientific way to reserve the glorious Indonesia, and as a citizen, do it honorably to restore the dignity of the country. Being on the top of everything, be it, and change the system.

I do hope that there’s no such thing as a ‘brain-drain’, though it’s shameless that the government seemed reluctant to keep their own precious resources to make the better Indonesia. The fact is that, the best sons and daughters of the republic are arming themselves overseas in order to create the new born Indonesia as well as resurrect this country into a glorious and independent state once more.

Well, I hope that I am not just hoping an empty hope ;).

4 comments:

ryy_ said...

klo banyak orang muda yg mikirin Indonesia, nanti pas jamannya jadi pemimpin mudah2an bener, tp oom2 sama tante2 nya ga boleh ngrusak banyak2 sampe waktunya ganti jaman. Future capital of fun and great justice.

awas di bawah ada GJ luar biasa:
Pemerintah ato pemimpin? Well, gw ga mau diperintah-perintah sama Oom2 dan Tante2 gemuk yg semi ubanan.

hamid said...

quote :
"how come my sister becomes a member of elite patrol squad while I am not, despite the fact that I am a lot prettier than her XD *envious mode*."

Well, I prefer not have any comment about which one is prettier, but that was not the only criteria wasn't it? how about other factor so called disciplines, tidiness, PUDD, and any other "idealistic" stuff?

Hahaha, cannot imagine if you were one of the member of PKS, but it will be good for many students, though, it will be easier for them to go "pesiar"... hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

lu... jadi PKS.....

salah satu tanda kiamat dunia...
hahahahahahah
hahahahhahaha
hahahahhahaha

Apret said...

@ ryy_ : Hahaha... kemaren ke kedutaan nemu terms baru, ada lagi nih : Marilah kita melestarikan budaya indonesia (budaya korupsi), hauhahaha gokil XD XD

@ hamid : if i were enrolled as a 16 batcher, i could be the strongest candidate for Student Council President!!! XD XD (after seeing my sist's escape habit(s).

@ mriyandi : Jelek lo wan, gw cakep gini. Emang orang dulu di TN bnyk yg sirik ama gw XD.