Friday, May 26, 2006



Trade Merchandising Research

Lately I often check out some fellows’ online journals, which mostly tell about their ‘lovely’ attachment experiences. Well, in celebrating my almost 1 month Professional Attachment period as well as commemorating my very first paycheck XD, I intend to share not-so-objective attachment review in the past 3 weeks.

I work in Unilever’s sales department, which aims are to investigate current market trends, and to further study recent products’ performance. This research consists of 3 small projects, namely Shopscoring, Shoppers’ Immersion, and Effectiveness of POP Materials (Point of Purchase). To avoid any confusions for non Business students, I attempt not to touch those marketing glossaries anymore in the next paragraphs =P.

Personally I thought those projects are damn-exhausting. We, poor six attachment students from NTU are required to arrange those 3 research designs by ourselves (with the guidance from our supervisor off course=P), doing the field work which covering the entire Singapore as our random samples (struggling to disguise ourselves as mystery shoppers and unintentionally getting caught by the security guards T_T), analyzing those raw data (using that &^%$*&*^%^ SPSS), and finally, submitting written report followed by final presentation to the colleagues T_T. For the simply retarded me, it looks like squeezing one whole semester’s projects in 10 weeks only, which becomes my bloody nightmare. However, I’m pretty lucky since all my teammates are probably the nicest people in School.

So far, I never enjoy myself that much when doing projects. Needless to say, I am thankful my project mates for being so considerate and pleasant at all times. Let’s enjoy these remaining six weeks =).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mbak2 sales unilever,,,,mau dunks kuponnya,,hihihi,,,^^V

Apret said...

Kupon apaan Mbak? Voucher Golden Village? Kalo itu mah minta nya ama Mba2 Sales American Express, wekeke XD... Gw mah adanya kupon beli eskrim XD.