Monday, May 15, 2006


Hugo, A Boy of The Karaya
Chris, A Knight of The Zexen
The two meeting, initiated the flame
And soon a flame called destiny
Burns fiercely

Suikoden III : Successor Of Fate

Having finished reading the first volume of Suikoden III. To be frank, I am not into the style of artwork, but overall the book was truly amazed me! (By the way the above image was taken from the game, not the book)

I was speechless when I observed Hugo's manship deeds. He was a gentleman in his own way, short-minded and outspoken, although a bit naive. However it was acceptable, since he was only a 14 years old boy. When I played the game almost two years ago, I was skeptical and doubtful about his presence at the beginning, but this book added magnificent impression about him as the son of Karaya clan's leader. He somewhat reminded me of Jowy T_T.

Chris Lightfellow's painful past was really surprised me. I thought she was only a spoilt noble and filthy rich girl when she was young. But then again, this book revealed all her agonies when losing her father. Additionally, Chris was able to lead a group of good-looking knights under her insightful leadership. Well, i do admire Chris after reading the whole book.

The main thing I love from the book was the presence of damn-cool poems over the end of every chapters, as if they're igniting passionate choirs to the fierce war =P.


Sadly, I couldn't find the next chapters virtually, simply because the manga has licensed already T_T. Then I should wait for my allowance in order to buy the next volume, I'm going to bankruptcy soon.

No comments: