Saturday, April 26, 2008

Accidentally found this group in Facebook :

Millennium Dreamers

In the spring of 2000, The Walt Disney Co. and the McDonald's Corporation honored 2000 of the worlds most amazing kids. These young heroes, age 8-15, represented over 90 countries. These were the young heroes of the world. People who literally stopped bullets, helped cure diseases, and saved the planet. Being among these amazing children is a memory that gives me hope for the future.

Do you know one of these amazing heroes? Get them to join this group. This isn't about bragging, this is about answering the question "where are they now?". The one thing Disney and McDonalds didn't do is give us a way to find out what bigger and better things that the Dreamers have moved on to.


I'm on a quest. Help me find the dreamers.


Orlando, Florida, USA : I was on the top right hand, beneath Mickey's palm

I was 14 that time. I was once being there, becoming an idealist, a dreamer, with pacifist viewpoint and abundance passion to save the nation, desire to stop middle east conflict, eradicate a tribal war in Africa, oppose the power abuse of United Nations, abolish discrimination, fight against poverty in less developed nations (and combat consumerism at the same time), as well as return the blissful smiles of my countrymen.

I am 22 this time. I want to retrieve that passion, and I don't want to just daydream, I want to do something real. I want to befit the title once and for all.
I need not pseudo power, I need real power. I want to change the world and make it into a better place to live, and I can't do it (alone).

Let's start from now, from yourself. Lend me your hand. Together we can save the world.

~that was an amazing speech isn't it? XD, but I am serious...
~~this is the effect of post reading 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' (John Perkins) and 'Making Globalization Work' (Joseph E. Stigltz) and post watching 'Code Geass : R2' and 'Gundam 00'
~~~and I am dead serious XD

No comments: