Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pardon Me for Being Random…

Apratz is back to her habitat, the small red dot country of Singapore!

I reached Singapore on the evening of 28th June, being picked up by Dhana and Rizaldi (gazillion of thanks!). Honestly quite disappointed with lesser number of people coming down, since I want to take MRT instead of calling a cab. Too bad my deadly-bulky luggage didn’t allow less manpower to carry them, so in the end I still took a cab *huge disappointment*. Well, I couldn’t really blame people though, since people are busy (but still cannot ease the disappointment, since almost half of my luggage consists of my gifts and souvenirs to people!).

Now I don’t really feel like doing anything. I am so lazy throughout these days *bleh*. I urgently need to weep away this viruses since laziness is one of the seven deadly sin *sounds of thunderbolt*. I left with jetlag, and am currently unable to sleep in the proper time. I need to brutally apply for jobs, since I really intend to go working right after graduation ceremony. Most tutors said that this year is the “employee market”, so average monthly salary is increased significantly and market will be overwhelmed by employers seeking for talent, but the fact now is a lot of people are still jobless (not to mention me, huhu).

Anyway, before taking a flight back to Singapore, I spent a night sleeping in the Kastrup airport since I was homeless in Copenhagen, really no place to stay and I am not exaggerating! It was so cold at night and I didn’t anticipate the hostile weather that time (I thought it was already summer and people craving for wearing one layer clothes). I slept nearby the emergency stairs, lying pathetically just like a penniless vagrant. Now my back really hurts and my hands both look jumbo since I used to carry the 40++ kg luggage here and there. Another bad thing is I got very very very tanned, this is the result of non-stop traveling for one semester T_T, especially in Greece, Austria and Bratislava, when the sun was super strong (I heard that recently the temperature in Greece reached 46 Celcius and people are taken to hospital because of its warm).

I’d like to tell you a bit about my latest trip so far.

Paris (France)

Paris was (surprisingly) an utter disappointment and I am not joking =(. I am not a harsh grader myself, but Paris is an exception. The place is super touristy so people there gave a bad service for the budget tourist like us, students.

People are hardly speaking English, and even if they did, they seem unwilling to help. People are simply not too friendly, just because we couldn’t speak French =(. We have rejected few times when entering a small restaurant to drink coffee (they said “go McDonalds!” O_o). Everything in Paris means money, and shall be used by people to generate money as much as possible =(. Because of the bad service, we need to pay more, just for changing hostel rooms. And I didn’t go to Mont Saint Michel in Normandy, France, because the train ticket price went extremely crazy! (Actually I want to see the area further down from Paris, such as Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Loire Valley or Marseille, but I really CANNOT afford!).

Nevertheless, I was a France geek when I was in Junior High School, and am super familiar with our deficit-Madam Queen Marie Antoinette. I was so happy that I can visit Versailles even though there was a lot of construction held there which made the building less pretty. Interesting thing is, the Sun-King Louis XIV was probably the most narcistic person on earth, since every corner of the room has his portrayal or craft -_-“.

And, I was enlightened of how inspiring the France Revolution is! It was very fantastic when I stepped down in Plaza de Concorde, a place whereby guillotine sadistically chopped off more than 11,000 people ranged from aristocrats and commoners (including Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette). In the other hand, the time when Napoleon made an incredible comeback from his exile was very thrilling. I will explain later when my pics are ready to show, hehehe.

Meanwhile, the interesting thing about my second insightful city, Berlin and the gorgeous Stockholm will be shown later on, since I do believe that people are reluctant to read when they spot no pictures amongst the paragraph.

Lastly, welcome back myself in the lifeless land of Singapore, the place where my breadwinning-activities will take place for the next few years =(.

No comments: