Thursday, December 14, 2006

My sincerest apology for not keeping thou an update,

Been so-called busy along these days, doing data collection for my applied research project, reading whatsoever literature review for my applied research project and constructing research design and methodology for my applied research project. Everything is about applied research project *bleh*. By the way, Business students’ final year project is called ‘Applied Research Project’ instead of ‘Final Year Project’. So what is the difference? We just want to be rather different, it sounds distinct and cool^^v.

I do my ARP with my all time partner-in-crime Adilla, and a Human Resource Student, Robin (have to admit his scholastic English since he has been living in the state and somewhere in Europe). Our ARP investigates about ‘Level of Informativeness in Cross Cultural TV Advertising in Singapore’. Frankly, I love the study of Marketing Communication and Cross Cultural Advertising (but unfortunately didn’t score very well in my ‘Integrated Marketing Communication’ module, it was just slightly out of my expectation). Perhaps that explains why my very first choice of course in NTU back then is ‘Communication Studies’ instead of ‘Business’.

Am so excited for editing the ads and translating them (we put our emphasis on English, Chinese and Malay ads), but super duper anxious in doing the data analysis. I have no experience in using SPSS software to conduct p-test, z-test or whatever test involving statistical analysis (this is the consequence for shamelessly being a free rider in my ‘Research Methods’ group and studying like crazy just for the sake of the exam second last semester ago).

So anybody proficient in SPSS reading this post, please, I beg you to tell me how to use that. If you don’t want to miss a chance to scold my mistakes for not keeping an eye to my ‘Research Methods’ module, please go ahead and scold me >_<. Argh, this is so pathetic T_T.

No comments: